It was a day full of good things. Here they are, in chronological order:
- read two chapters of Dan Moren’s book “The Bayern Agenda” while drinking coffee in the hot tub before work
- the things that didn’t work in my new project yesterday started working
- attended my first standup with my new teammates
- ate a delicious chicken pot pie for lunch
- returned a library book that was six years overdue and wasn’t charged a fine
- voted in the senate runoff election
- got a delicious dirty spiced chai
- installed gitea at git.kestrelsnest.social and initialized a repo for Advent of Code
- made buffalo chicken legs for dinner
- took my youngest to their first rehearsal of a neighborhood brass band based on a poster I saw stapled to a telephone pole
- ate leftover pecan pumpkin pie
- watched several episodes of Taskmaster and had quite a few good laughs
A good day indeed.
Postscript: It occurred to me right after posting that this could have been titled “Is the ketamine working? Signs point to yes.” More on that later, no doubt.